Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sorry, this is all rather vague

I tend to keep things fairly light and fluffy around here, but I've been dealing with some bad anxiety over the past few days, brought on by:

financial stress accompanying our home purchase
an energy-sucking "friendship" that I need to distance myself from
some health issues (nothing terrible, but even routine check-ups stress me out)
Worry over a situation that people close to us are dealing with
A reminder that I can be waaay too accommodating, at the expense of not standing up for myself etc.

Most of these are small things that I let build up, culminating in a really bad day at work on Friday. Thank god for my husband, pizza and a Spirited Away re-watch.
My attempts to alleviate all this included:

cardio-kickboxing at the gym yesterday morning. It's ridiculous but I actually imagined punching anxiety in the face. It helped.

A few hours spent at the bookstore perusing Quick and Easy Upholstery and the 2008 Antiques Guide and realizing how much I like both Finn Juhl chairs and Windsor settees.

A great multi-family yard sale in my neighborhood. Old birdcages, dusty books, wooden boxes, containers of sewing thread, rusty medical equipment and tools...

The People of the Book - halfway through and enjoying it.

black bean pumpkin soup (Note: I only used ~2 Tbs of butter and cut out the sherry and this was still really good).

I tackled 1/3 of Mt. Washmore, which is so large it seems to exist in a fourth dimension:


Here's to a better week, starting tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger nikandmike said...

hope you are having a better week so far. any new developments on when you'll be closing or moving? moving is so stressful (and you know it leaks out into other areas, too), so try to be a little easy on yourself....i know, easier said than done.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Closing is on the 29th, and the movers are coming June 14th. We also found someone to take our apartment, so we've avoided the penalty for breaking our lease before the end of the year.
We're getting excited! I'll try to post some pictures once we're in.
How are things there?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home