Sunday, December 17, 2006

Fancy II

In the board game that is our relationship R. recently earned 10 bonus points for planning a pre-holiday weekend that involved tickets to The Nutcracker at the Academy of Music followed by dinner at Brasserie Perrier.

The show was great, although I think I'd watch just about anything if it occurred inside The Academy of Music - it's a gorgeous building. There was one tiny girl (younger than most of the other kids I think) that R. and I both focused on for a lot of the show - she was grinning from ear to ear literally the entire time she was on stage, and was obviously LOVING it. So cute. I also did a lot of people-watching; we sat high up on the balcony and witnessed everything from evening wear to sweat outfits + Uggs (not kidding).




You might not realize it yet but this dress strongly supports the hypothesis that Miracles Do Happen. It's from Banana Republic, and because they have recently added a "petite" line, I was able to wear this dress without altering it first. I bought it after work on Thursday and wore it out on Friday night. Plus you'll notice that it's fitted above the stomach area but flared underneath, thus hiding waist-down imperfections and allowing comfortable post-show gluttony. Highly recommended.
Dinner was... good. But not worth the price. Our waitress was extremely efficient but not friendly, and R.'s filet was not the best ever (The Farmhouse Inn was mentioned more than once). I had sea scallops over risotto in a kaffir lime sauce, which I really liked. Nice creme brulee for dessert, and homemade oatmeal at The Marathon Grill in the morning.
Afterwards we lounged around watching a movie (I don't agree with the "100% fresh" rating on this one - I'd give it a 3/5) and then went out for sushi with my brother and sister in law.
Sorry I don't have more photos but obviously I was too busy stuffing in a ton of food to take any.
OK, I'm off to tackle my massive Xmas list. Wish me luck!
p.s. Nik - that's the purse you got me for your wedding!

4 Comments:

Blogger nikandmike said...

you look hot! i love that dress.

the vintage purse is perfect, i might add.

i hate when food doesn't meet my expectations. but watching that young girl soaking up the music had to be worth the trip in itself! it makes the event so much more worth it, i think!

i'm so glad you guys had a wonderful weekend!!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What are the Sheaffers up to? All ready for Wafer?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like your blog. I just bought a dress yesterday at BR, petite of course! :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

vivs-
Thanks for the comment! I've been thinking that the only people reading were two of my close friends, so it's nice to hear from someone new.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home