Sunday, May 13, 2007

saltysweet

I worked in the lab both Saturday and this morning, but I did find the time to make these salt lick bars from Bake and Shake:

Mine might not be very pretty, but they taste incredible. Let me walk you through the wonderful layers: on the bottom there is a flaky shortbread, followed by a salty caramel middle, topped with dark chocolate. Sprinkled with a bit of kosher salt. Anyone who loves salty/sweet should try these out, and I believe they cure PMS too.
The saucer is from Diana Fayt, and I bought a gorgous red-lined cup to match.
I also recently bought some new fabric from purl soho, although I'm not sure what it will become yet.
And I am still pursuing the perfect loaf of homemade bread:

This was not the perfect loaf, but it's getting there! Photo by R.





Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a spelling error. OOPS!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have personally tasted the salty sweetness of these delectable desserts, and I must agree, they do cure PMS (not mine).

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, those bars sound incredible!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

There might be some left when you get here this weekend.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home