Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Misc.

Posting from my lab bench today... which I don't usually do because 1) I'm too busy 2) I sit with my back to the door and/or 3) I feel guilty. But this week has been so s-l-o-w, I'm waiting for cells/parasites/etc to be ready for an assay I will probably do this weekend. So there is my rationalization.
There are a couple of things coming up in the next few weeks that I'm excited about:
1. Our first CSA pickup from Greensgrow Farms is this Saturday. I'm really curious to see what the farm is like and how big our share will be. R. and I will be away for the next few Saturdays (see below), so my SIL and I have been trying to set up some sort of pick-up schedule. I'm also wondering how long it will take for me to get there; the drive involves the Vine St. Expressway so I'm hoping there won't be much traffic on a Saturday morning.
2. We're going camping in the Catskills with the Lipcans from June 1st-3rd. As usual, large meals have been planned.
3. We're leaving for CA on June 8th. June 9th-10th will be spent in Pacifica celebrating birthdays and high school graduations, We'll be in Paso Robles from the 11th-13th with R.'s mom and dad, and it'll be just the two of us in SF from the 14th-16th. I'm really looking forward to it...
4. Dragon Boat practice for the Dragon Boat Festival has started up again. I went out last night to paddle for a steering clinic, and being on the water (even if it is the toxic Schulkill) in nice weather is wonderful.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, for many, a good life revolves around enjoying big meals. Life's too short to eat high-fructose corn syrup and trans-fats all the time...or drink bad wine!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home