Sunday, August 12, 2007

CSA week 12


Pretty good haul from the CSA this weekend: Yogurt, fresh ricotta, heirloom tomatoes, dill, peppers, a purple onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, nectarines, raspberries and fresh bread. We also got organic ground beef as well.





Yesterday I made bruscetta using the bread, tomatoes and ricotta and ate it all outside. I really don't think I've ever tasted tomatoes like these before - juicy but firm and intensely flavorful. Perfect for an easy summer lunch.

I'm not sure what to do with the meat; we don't eat much beef around here. Last week I made a veggie pie topped with dill biscuits, so I'm thinking I might make the same thing and add the meat. I'm also going to make a cucumber salad at some point this week.

My BIL was in town for the weekend, so we caught the Phillies game on Friday night and spent a blissful day in Ocean City on Saturday.







And now I'm off for a jog - I have to work off Mack and Manco Pizza + Kohr Bros custard!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home