Sunday, December 16, 2007

CSA I miss you.

I've been floundering a bit since the CSA ended in early November. I'm pretty sure we'll sign up again next year, I really had fun with it and the weekly commitment wasn't a big deal at all. Next season we'll need to figure out whether to split a share again with my brother and SIL, and I'm also going to look into Red Earth Farm which delivers directly to our neighborhood but does not offer the great meat/cheese etc. selection that Greensgrow does. Signups will start in March 2008.
To fill the gap over the winter I've finally joined our local co-op. Weaver's Way is within walking distance from our apartment, and my SIL joined also. In addition to a $30/year investment, there is also a work requirement: 6 hours/year/adult.
I'm going to try and sign up for work later in this week, and I'll try to keep a log of how it goes from there. I'm already excited about this.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our co-op is $100 for life. We already made back half of that in savings off of their normal prices...

They also recently dropped the work requirement. I still want to sign up to work a few hours a month because I think it will actually give me a mental break from my real job!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

From what my SIL says, the prices at our co-op are also really reasonable.
I agree with you about the work requirement - it's so different from what I do normally I'm thinking it will be a nice change of pace.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home