Sunday, April 06, 2008

Recently

It has been a while since I posted... I spent almost all of last week in bed with the monster flu bug that has been going around. I had a fever for so many days that I actully started sobbing on Wednesday night, asking R. what I would do if it never went away. That's how pathetic I am and how infrequently I get sick. I was starting to forget how it feels to be well.

AND, we've spent the last two days buying this:



How cute is that?? We're totally in love with the interior (there is an entire room filled with floor to ceiling bookcases), I'll post more photos as soon as I can. It was built in 1850, and the owners accepted our first offer, so we're hoping the inspection this week isn't a deal-breaker. Keep your fingers crossed! If all goes well, we'll be moving in early June. It's so crazy and happened much sooner than we thought, but we're really excited and have already started arguing about how we will divide up space (my craft area and his "toys" are going to have a throwdown).
More later!

12 Comments:

Blogger oikoumene said...

I weigh more. I predict said "throwdown" will be decided rather quickly.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's going to be an intellectual throwdown.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

Amy,
That is such a cute house, what a find! Is it in Philly? Congrats on your first house.

-Nina
P.S Brian suffered from the same flu last week too.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Erin and Matt said...

I. LOVE. THAT. HOUSE. There best be one similar nearby, ready for move-in two years from now. Congrats to both of you! We are drooooooling over the bookcases.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the inside.

9:31 AM  
Blogger sulu-design said...

Congratulations - that is one gorgeous house. Will the throwdown be televised?

11:35 AM  
Blogger nikandmike said...

absolutely beautiful! can't wait to see it! we will keep our fingers crossed.

welcome to the this old house club!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I think you mean welcome to the
"$1000 is the new $100" club - we can't believe how much this is all costing.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! We're officially in that dangerous place where we're emotionally attached to the house but haven't seen the inspection report yet.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah and the fees are outrageous. Title Insurance Fee, Application Fee, Tax Service Fee, Flood Cert Fee, Appraisal Fee, Title Endorsements Fee, Take You to the Cleaners Fee, and a personal favorite - the Agent Don't Do Jack Except Get Paid Fee...

10:14 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Don't get me started on the buyer's realtor - that part of our process has not been good.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Holy crap. 1850?!?!?!? Did the United States even exist back then?
Here are a few positives:
1. Houses that old almost always have secret passageways, trick floor boards, and revolving book cases.
2. You don't pay the buyer's agent fee. The seller does.
3. Mike and Nikole can give you plenty of advice on how to deal with an old house.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I hadn't thought of the exciting possibility of revolving bookcases... will get back to you all on this.
Meeting with the mortgage lender went well last night, and the inspection starts today (radon/lead) and finishes up on Saturday.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home