Sunday, January 20, 2008

32

Today is my birthday! We celebrated last night with a great dinner at Gayle. I had their warm winter salad (lentils, grilled artichoke and potatoes with a warm lentil vinaigrette) followed by the best tuna I've ever had (and I've tried quite a few since it's a favorite): the tuna itself was seared and served rare over basmati rice+buttered leeks, with curry ice cream on the side. It sounds odd but it totally worked. For dessert I had a little molten vanilla cupcake with a dark chocolate terrine. Mmmmm.... so good. R. also surprised me with this.
Unfortunately I'm stuck in the lab all day. I have a very flexible schedule during the week so I normally don't mind working weekends at all. But today I'm feeling a tiny bit bitter about it.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrisi said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday, Amy, despite having to be in the lab! :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
From a fellow 32 year old Amy.
I suppose that makes us tocayas.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home