Sunday, July 27, 2008


I had so many plans for this weekend, but really all I accomplished were these cookies, Originally spotted at Orangette.

My husband and I are in the habit of rating just about everything, a la Netflix (i.e., scale of 1 to 5). In my mind, a 5 should be almost unattainable. Just to orient you:

1 - The Messenger: the Story of Joan of Arc. If the scale had a zero, this movie would have received it. Horrible.
3 - most things in life
5 - Our dinner here, breakfast here and these

I notice all of my personal fives have to do with food, and in some way with chocolate, but I digress.

I think these cookies might be a 5.

Notes: I baked a few after 15 hours and a few more once the dough had been in the fridge for 24 hours. The ones that incubated longer were more flavorful, but I think if you baked these even after a short chill in the fridge they would still be good.

I used these bittersweet chips

These cookies are LARGE and very rich. Half a cookie is possibly the perfect amount.

I'm curious to see how these hold up after being frozen. I scooped the rest of the dough into a plastic freezer bag so we'll see...
Update: previously frozen cookies work just fine, and took ~22 minutes to bake.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger lipcan3 said...

I'm still in favor of the 6-star rating system. But I understand.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad we've agreed to disagree on this one.

6:41 PM  
Blogger oikoumene said...

1/2 a cookie? Hmmm. Good thing we've been consuming +2 a day...

9:31 PM  
Blogger oikoumene said...

*Burp*

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home