Sunday, October 10, 2010

My husband and I are expecting a baby boy in February! I'm about 22 weeks along and probably like anyone that's had a miscarriage, feeling lucky and kinda amazed that things seem to be progressing as expected. I was extremely fortunate to get pregnant pretty much as soon as my ob gave the go-ahead to start trying again... those few months in between the D&C and finding out we were pregnant again were truly rough. I don't think I let myself get even a little excited until after our 13 week ultrasound, at which point the baby looks like a baby and not a little oblong peanut (like it did at 7 weeks). With each ultrasound, pre-natal appointment and more recently the odd sensation of someone kicking me from the inside, I'm becoming more and more convinced that this baby is actually going to happen :)

We've started thinking about designing the nursery and have settled on a little room, at the moment our office/sewing room, that's attached to our master bedroom. We painted it a light grey with white trim and last year we had the floors stripped and stained a nice honey color:

I absolutely loved this nursery makeover and it seemed like the perfect starting point, since we didn't want to paint again (and I have a weakness for orange):

We're working with a pretty small room so I was looking for a crib that wouldn't overwhelm the space. After much deliberation we decided on the BabyMod Olivia 3-in-1 from Walmart. I generally avoid Wal-Mart at all costs but the reviews were positive and it was really exactly what we were looking for (and right within our price range). It came in the mail a few days ago and I'm happy to report it looks great. Of course, I am still not comfortable setting up a crib in our house this far away from my due date (see: previous miscarriage anxiety) so I can't really speak to how this thing looks assembled.
We haven't ordered a changer yet, but I'm liking this Parklane 3-drawer changer, again from BabyMod-I think the wood accents look nice with our floors:
I think I will probably end up ordering custom bedding from Nursery Dreams on etsy, as I haven't seen anything commercially available that I really love. I'm thinking white sheets and a white dust ruffle and a bumper or changing cover in this cute elephant fabric:
And a few simple prints for the walls, like this alphabet poster from Binth
baby animal prints from Sharon Montrose (loving the porcupine and baby giraffe):
And this winter birch decal from Janey Mac Press - possibly in white?
And I'll leave you with a couple of belly shots, taken today:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home