Monday, August 20, 2007

CSA week #13 / Ricotta gnocci part deux

Part of the weekly CSA

Tomatoes, squash, apples, red leaf lettuce, green beans, goat's milk gouda cheese, yogurt and sausage.

We ate very well this weekend:

Whole wheat bread


Thai coconut soup with mushrooms and chicken. From January 2007 Cook's Ilustrated


Ricotta gnocci - homemade ricotta and breadcrumbs, basil from our plant, tomatoes from our CSA. This was an easy dough to work with and they turned out really well. And nothing beats a quick sauce with fresh tomatoes.


Thai coffee

A couple of local things I'm excited about:

The Set Table - In East Falls. We sat outside and listened to the church choir next door. Great coffee and a cute out-of-the-way location.

The Marketplace at East Falls - please please let this actually happen. From what I've read it looks like they've had some trouble getting off the ground.

Bargain Thrift - I stopped in here on Saturday morning, I didn't buy anything but it definitely has potential.

Happy Monday everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger beckyd said...

Amy- I love your CSA updates.

Looks like you are enjoying it. We may do this someday, and I'm very interested to see how it works out for other people.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's been great so far... I'm really getting better at planning a weekly menu around what we're going to get from the CSA. Usually I pick up the veggies, head to Whole Foods to fill in the gaps with fish/meat etc. and we're good for the week. In the past we would make dinner Sunday, maybe Monday and then it would all fall apart and we'd either go out or eat cereal. So it has definitely changed our eating habits for the better.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a. I must have the Ricotta gnocci recipe. Please email it to me... and great talking to you today. :) e.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home