Sunday, June 24, 2007

CSA week 5

After work/school mojitos on Friday night:


Peas from the CSA last week. They might not look like much, but boy were they good! Eaten raw on our "porch" (metal/concrete balcony overlooking the parking lot) before dinner:


CSA week 5:


Scallions, kale, baby arugula, basil, yogurt, zucchini, and raw milk cheese. Not pictured: ground turkey. We bought the strawberries separately, and also picked up some bison burgers on my SIL's recommendation. I'll let you know how those turn out once we make them.

Last night we went to see Once. I must have been in a sappy mood, this one really affected me and I think I'd like to see it again, which is unusual for me. It's the story of an irish musician and a Czech immigrant who record an album together over the course of a few days in Dublin. The two main characters are musicans in real life and wrote/performed all of the songs in the film. Apparently the original plan was to cast Cillian Murphy in the lead and have him lip sync to Glen Hansards music - thank god they decided to cast Hansard himself, he makes the movie. I'm thinking about buying The Swell Season, I thought it was really beautiful.
Here's a review if you're interested.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - how was Cali? Your CSA looks great this week... [note: that's Rainbow Swiss Chard, not Kale *wink*] We got some great beets, arugula, lettuces, collards, strawberries and snap peas this past week... plus 4 dozen eggs from my mom's chickens when we were home. I fed them slugs... Yummy! Miss you guys.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You're right about the swiss chard - oops!
The arugula we got this week was esp good
And the CA trip was great too!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

We saw Once last week and we felt the same way. I ran out and bought the soundtrack immediately.
-Nina

10:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I bought the album too - it's great. They're coming to Philly in late July, I'm going to try and get tickets.

3:22 PM  
Blogger nikandmike said...

I love arugula...what a treat.

I'm interested to know what you are going to do with the chard...that's a veggie I don't have much experience with. Please write about your recipe experience!

I heard one of the Once songs (Falling Slowly?) on the independent radio station here (WYEP) and loved it...can't wait to Netflix it, considering I have no idea the next time I'll step foot in a movie theater.

Oh, and I felt my mouth water at the sight of that mojito. You make delicious ones!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home